Monday, July 16, 2007

Monkey business




Nothing will challenge a marriage more than home improvement. Not even Autism can produce as many fights, as "what counter top surface should we choose?". My kitchen (which we are remodeling) is almost done. Three fights, and 2 compromises later we have new appliances, now my husband and I are back again to figure out the counters!!!

The problem is I am cheap, and he is well, OVER THE TOP EXPENSIVE! His theory (and he says this often) is "if your going to be a monkey, be a gorilla." I always retort, that "I would rather be a chimp, they are a lot smarter". So my dear husband and I have one more round to go. If anyone has any wonderful counter top stories, I would be glad to hear them.

By the way, I am for tile, it is fairly inexpensive, and we can install it ourselves (see cheap above).

No comments: