Thursday, February 15, 2007

Poo Poo in the Potty!


Yeah! What a great day. First exciting news, Cotton pooped on the toilet. So huge for my little guy. He has been peeing on the toilet for about 6 mo. now and tonight voila! He even said "poo poo" (again very exciting!)
Second, I took the boys out for dinner (alone, very brave). So there I was with 3 drinks a stroller, and I needed a high chair. Unsure of what to do next I casually said "here Cotton push this". He grabbed the highchair and rolled it with me to the table! We had a long way to navigate, and he didn't hit one person. Lots of very natural coordination.
OK, so on to what we are doing this week. Well he is very into humming (like many of our kids), so I am humming a tune, and then he copies me. Then we switch, he hums and I copy him. I make sure to highlight the my turn your turn. Also, a great little tip from my consultant. We lay facing each other on the couch (feet to feet). I push his feet back, and then he pushes my feet back. A more advanced version is to "bicycle" your legs together.

1 comment:

Christine said...

WooHoo!!! about the poop! I hope you and your boys did some celebrating! We only have some trouble getting it where it should go but the day he goes to the potty *independantly* I think we'll have a parade.

I am so inspired by your success with having Cotton push the high chair. I'll bet you were beaming with pride.