Thursday, February 1, 2007

School.

School has become a huge obstacle for us. However, it is a necessity right now while my husband is deployed. I do not think I would be the best parent if I was to be on mommy duty 24/7. However, when we move this summer, I am going to try homeschooling. So I am knee deep in homeschooling curriculum. I just have no idea what to do. RDI will be our main focus, but I really want a loose curriculum to follow. It will help me feel more competent. I really like Five in a Row, but I would have to modify it to his needs. His receptive language delay is a tough obstacle. So far it is my favorite, and will be very easy to include Mr. Chief.
So on to what is working this week cont. stage 3 (and holding)!

We stand facing each other and I say lets touch........ ears, and then we touch our ears, nose, bellies etc. together. Cotton loves this game. I always reserve one round for him to decide what we touch. I will say, "lets touch...... hmmmm, I don't know, hmmm..... (I try to keep language to a minimum.)

Songs have been a big hit this week. "The A says.......... and Cotton replies "aaa." Or "the wheels on the bus"'....... he does the hand coordination, and I sing the action.

We have also been dancing to songs this week. Lots of actions and our favorite is jumping in a circle with out holding hands. This requires a lot of coordination.

No comments: