Friday, May 25, 2007

I SUCK

There is no other way to say it. I have had Cotton "home" for exactly a week, and I am totally coming unglued. How do I split time between the kids, get any RDI in, and not go horse from yelling at everyone!!! I had all these plans about how wonderful it would be to not do school durring the summer, but I am a bit overwhelmed at the moment. Cotton wet his pants, first time in months, pooped in his pull up 3 nights in a row, (also not usual for him). He is stimming like crazy on every magazine he can find. My dad gave him a phone book while he was watching him, and he happily looked through it for 2 hours!!!!! AAARRGG I know the stims come and go, but I (to my chagrin) get so angry about them!! Especially the vocal stims. The crazy wacky sounds that pretty much paint a huge yellow sign that says AUTISM.

I know next week or hopefully tommorow will be better, but right now I am mad at myself for not having it together, being angry about vocal stims, and hiding the phone book. I want to be DOING things all day, not redirecting ALL day. So I am going to sit and try and be patient. These episodes usually go as quickly as they come. so this is me being patient.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I could have written this last week! You DO NOT suck!! Don't forget about all of the changes you guys have been dealing with. Once you get in your own place and get a rhythm going it will get much better. You'll see. It will!

We've got verbal stims here, too. It drives me NUTS! And I get angry about them, too. For awhile I was tryng to get him to stop but that isn't very RDI so now I'm just giving him something else to concentrate on -- like a puzzle --and that seems to help.

I'm going to e-mail you. I haven't been online much but I'll send you a note next time I get five minutes.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, you won't go horse.
You may, however, go hoarse.
Just a tip from your friendly neighborhood grammarian.