Wednesday, March 21, 2007

New Developments


So even though I have self admittedly been a slacker RDI mom for the last few weeks. Cotton has made some pretty amazing jumps forward. First and foremost his receptive language has really begun to blossom! Seriously for 4 years I have been saying the same 3 phrases over and over, all of a sudden he is following direction?! All kinds of direction, stuff I have never said before. So I am thrilled. Also, he has started to be able to express his opinion. Perhaps a pre cursor to a developing self awareness. The picture on the left is an outfit Cotton picked out for bed. Two of the shirts are mine and of course he topped it off with Thomas. He had to have shoes to make the outfit complete. After each article of clothing was added, he would run to the mirror to see his new creation. Well, I am saving for fashion school as we speak:)
This seems to be a theme as of late. He is my little helper at the grocery store and it cracks me up when he jumps up out of the grocery cart "car", to grab the bacon and hot dogs (his favorite foods) least I forget. Don't get me started about the toy store! This is amazing to me, he has never wanted anything, it is exciting to see what he likes.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I LOVE reading about Cotton! I feel like I am seeing what is to come for Oliver and I am excited for you and I am excited for me. And Cotton. And Oliver. Oh how I love RDI!!!

Oliver has also been doing some new things independantly that have me kind of excited. The other day he brought me a container of pasta from the fridge because he wanted to eat them. That has never happened before but now it is happening more and more often. Pretty soon I hope he will be as demanding as his little brother :-)

Mom without a manual said...

Sounds like you are experiencing lots of great changes! It is so much fun to see our kids start to express themselves (especially what they like and do not like!)